Roth Conversions

How do I perform a Roth Conversion?

Please complete a Roth Conversion and Recharacterization Request to convert a Traditional, SEP or SIMPLE IRA to a Roth IRA. 

This conversion will be reported to the IRS both as a distribution on which you may owe income tax and a conversion contribution to a Roth IRA.

If you are converting asset(s) besides cash, you are required to provide Madison Trust Company with a current certified valuation of the asset(s). 

Have Questions?

Read our FAQs, or feel free to contact our team directly.

Contact us

Ready to Get Started?

Take control of your investments.

open an account

Getting started is easy


Speak with a specialist

You’ll be asked a few simple questions to make sure that a Self Directed IRA is your best option.


Open an Account

Madison will guide you step-by-step through the process, including any necessary transfers.



Your funds will be invested directly into the asset of your choice.

Get started with a new account