How do I roll over an old 401(k), 403(b) or other retirement account to Madison Trust Company?

Posted on: December 10, 2019

Plan Administrators require that rollovers be initiated by the Plan Participant. You will reach out to your current plan administrator and complete their rollover paperwork. You will specify that the funds are being rolled into an IRA so that the transaction is coded as a Rollover and not as a taxable distribution. 

Your Plan Administrator will issue a rollover check to “Madison Trust Company Custodian FBO [your name][your Madison account number]”.

Some Plan Administrators do not send funds directly to IRA Custodians. If that is the case, then your Plan Administrator will mail the rollover check to you personally, and you will forward the check to Madison. It is important that you do not deposit the rollover check into your personal checking account.